Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

It's Quilting Time...

So I've officially started my quilt. My sister Melanie and I went out last week and I bought my fabric (she already has hers).
Just as a little side note, I bought all my material except two patterns at Fabricland last Monday for $15/m. I went back this past Sunday to get the last two patterns I wanted, and they were on sale for $7/m. Everything I bough less than a week ago was less than half price. GRRRRR....
Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this quilt. I've bought all dark greys and browns and navys with a bit of beige in men's suit fabrics. So a bit of plaid or pin stripes too. Here is a picture of the pattern that we are following. It's called "Around the World".
"Around the World" quilt pattern
So I have almost got all the material cut out, which by the way is a royal pain in the @$%!! So the fun part of piecing together the pattern is next. Still haven't decided if this is for the guest room or my room. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment