Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

All is Well Painting

So, like I said... busy, busy, busy. Here is a painting that my mom asked me to do. She wanted to give something special to a woman she works with this Christmas and decided that a painting with her favorite saying would do the trick. I agreed to do the painting thinking it was a short saying, then my mom email me this"All is well, all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
My only restriction was colour. I was told not too much colour, probably best to stay neutral.

I was a bit worried, I won't lie, but I think it turned out well. Its a 12"x18" painting in acrylic and tissue paper. Mostly brown and beige but some blues bled through on the letter which is what I had hoped for and adds something. The ladybugs are because I just felt like it.

Hope you like it.

All is Well

On to the next project. Stay tuned. It's a fun one.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely perfect! Andrea, you did a wonderful job of displaying this quote. It will be cherished, always!

    ReplyDelete