Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

2011 Barrie Beaver Festival

Well, it's official, I'm painting my Beaver again this year (insert joke here). So the usual question is "Huh?" But, it really isn't as strange as it sounds. These Beavers are purchased by companies and the festival will raise money for the Kempenfelt Rotary Club, which in turn donate the money to local charities. I responded to a Call for Artist and was one of the artists chosen to paint for the second year in a row.
So what does one paint on a 4' beaver? A Yellow Perch. That's right, my beaver is hopefully going to look like a fish out of water when I'm done. I can't wait! It's turning out better than I thought. Check back to see the transformation take place. For more information visit, www.barriebeaverfestival.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment